Friday, February 6, 2009

Oh how my ideas of handsome have changed...

In the past
I wrote these things:
I like buzz cuts
black shirts
black dress pants
with a black belt and shoes
I like jeans with a suit jacket
and a button up shirt
I like guys that wear
baseball hats and baseball tee's
I like black vests with
white button up shirts underneath
with jeans and a fadora hat
I like green army looking button up shirts

Today I looked at that list
oh how my ideas
of handsome have changed...
I like a man who radiates love not cologne
I like a man who loves God
and wears His word on his tongue
I like the heart beneath that shirt
I like the mind beneath that hat
I like the strength of character
seen not in muscles but
in the gentle acts of kindness and love
towards every woman and man
young or old.
I like a man who spends time on those in need
instead of spending money on things he doesn't need
I like a man who spends time on educating his mind
and not mindlessly playing videogames
I like a man who knows what hard work is
and enjoys it maybe just for the fact that it helps him
related to others better and
he glorifies God when he gives his best
I like a man who cares more for
the mind,
the heart,
the soul
of the woman he loves
rather than
the bust size
the status
the easyness
of the woman
I like a man who loves God and me
not only in word but in deed.

No comments: