Thursday, May 27, 2010

I pledge allegiance to one

I am not one to be anymore deceived
by the lies i have long since believed
I am part of this beautiful creation
I am the daughter, of many, not one nation
therefore it is my duty, no my privilege
to love each man woman and child
to love each creature tame or wild
to love the plants and trees
that give me the air we breathe
I am a beautiful creation and so is our earth
yes this land does not belong to just me or you
it does not belong only to those before us or those after us
yet we must take pride in working it
we must take pride in caring for it
because it is ours, each person has a stake in what we claim
each person no matter the nationality or name
is apart of our land and we are apart of theirs
for we are one people one earth under God indivisible with love for all.

No comments: