Saturday, June 14, 2008

How this started...

So...I have a friend named Brandon Joldersma. He is an amazing guy and I won't lie I am very intrigued by him. I have always wanted to travel the world and he has been a lot of places I have always dreamed of going. I found his blog online out of the blue...which was really random and at first I clicked on it but didn't think it was the same brandon however it turned out to be his blog of his travels. So being the wanderlust person I am if I can go to europe tonight I might as well read what he has to say and see if I can pick up any tips from his travels. Well needless to say, this got me to start my own blog. See, in the past couple weeks my way of thinking has started to change. I began thinking of writing down my insights or the way I think otherwise known as Chickin Logic in a book. However I think this will serve my purpose quite well. I also started reading a book, One Month To Live by Kerry and Chris Shook. Although I have only started this book it is changing how I think of life. The whole idea of the book is to get you to realize that you should live life and not have the "someday syndrome." For example: Someday I will travel all around the world. Someday I will learn languages and paint masterpieces. This book is helping me realize how to live my life as if I will die in a month. How to not have regrets. Brandon, even though I barely know him has gotten me to think of this concept also. One night as we were hanging out at his house with friends he said something like if you want to do it just do it, everyone says oh thats so cool you traveled I wish I could do that to and he's like you can if you really want to you will figure a way out. Since I was little I have always dreamed of traveling the world and I am going to try to live that dream out to the fullest and not wait for someday. So thanks Brandon.

No comments: