Friday, May 28, 2010

suitcase under my bed

When i got home I unpacked everything and laid it out on a table in my room. then i left the next day for another part of the country. I came home it sat there for a week, then needing to clean my room i packed the memories, the receipts, the tickets stubs, the letters, my life in milan into a green retro suitcase and put it under my bed. I put out some things i brought back from my travels in europe onto my bookshelf near my pieces of artwork. When i was a little girl i dreamed of having a small house with souvenirs from all over the world mixed in with pieces of my artwork. I never knew that those objects could represent so much, not just one weekend at carnivale in a mask or one night having dinner with alaina on my balcony but they represent a whole part of my life. One that is temporarily stored under my bed, waiting for what i lived to become art.

No comments: