Tuesday, May 24, 2011

the story i am living and the story i want to live

My feet rest on a hard wood floor in an old house, a blanket is wrapped around me to compensate for the lack of warmth the sun dress I am wearing provides. This house is cold inside so I open a few windows to let the spring time weather in. My companion, a million miles in a thousand years, questions me with each page.

What story am I living currently? I am in living in Holland in a house with 4 guys who live upstairs: yared, mike, kevin, and nate and one guy who lives on the first floor where my bedroom is, his name is kyle and the guy who I have begun to be closest with here in the house. I wake up around 10 am each day, wonder what I should do, check my email, fill out an application, read, eat lunch, maybe go for a short run, stop at ljs for awhile, and then hang out with kristin and adam at night, eat dinner and maybe watch a movie.

What story do I want to live? Short term.
I want to wake up at 6am write a letter to a friend. go for a walk. eat breakfast, go to my job that i enjoy, eat lunch work more come home maybe have a small garden, ride my bike to the beach with friends, eat dinner, go for a walk, go rock climbing, go kayaking, go sailing, help kristin with her wedding, eat healthy and consistently work out. practice italian and spanish, practice art, have a show at lemonjellos and other galleries.

long term:
i want to make a living creating, creating art, designing, etc... something like that. but to make a living doing it. I want to be able to pay back my loans in 2 years. I want to be independent. I want to travel, I want to love and care for my friends and family. maybe live in a city where i could go to farmers markets walk or bike everywhere. or live in a small cabin in the woods, with a studio out back, right on a lake, where i would wake up and go sailing, kayaking, where i could go exploring in the woods, and be a writer and artist. Maybe if I am also blessed enough to find a man who loves God that would be okay with me too.

No comments: