Monday, August 4, 2008

Fried Chikin

Elaborating on my adventures in the south, on the way home from farmers market I saw a family washing their horse in a car wash, quite a site to see. I went to my first baptist church potluck and I am a big fan of those. Going to this baptist church made me question how their beliefs differ from mine and my sister informed me that we pretty much were brought up in baptist teachings when we went to our non-denominational churches. Many people down here use the phrase "might can" and think that it is proper english. Such as "you might can find that in the paper." Its funny, I had heard about dialects before in other countries but never really thought about our country and how different the north and south really are.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your faithful readers demand an update!