Saturday, October 18, 2008

October 18 2008

The compassionate love of Jesus at work within us empowers us to suffer with, endure with, struggle with , partake of, be moved in the depths of our being for the hunger, nakedness, loneliness, pain, squalid choices, and failed dreams of our brothers and sisters in the human family.

Reading this from the ragamuffin gospel reminded me of my favorite verse...

Through his power at work within us he is able to accomplish infinitely more than we could ever dare to ask or hope. I always thought of this as what great things I could accomplish with God's help to benefit myself. However I saw it in a new light today. Through his power at work within us he empowers us to love those that are hurting. He enables us to do infinitely more than we could ever dare to ask or hope maybe because what our dreams and hopes are based on is ourselves and the reason why he can do more is because he looks past us and helps us help others. We ourselves may not accomplish great things in our name but instead accomplish great things for others.

No comments: